CHARGERS DRAFT RECAP | CHARGERS DRAFT 2022

5 2045 0

Pittsburgh Steelers vs LA Chargers team introductions – 11/21/21 – SoFi Stadium

Pittsburgh Steelers vs Minnesota Vikings: TNF Week 14: Live NFL Game

1. Secret Base
    Secret Base 24 May, 2022, 12:05

what's up gang? so for those who are curious, we mentioned that there is another rule similar to this that allows the refs to just be like "oh yeah this team deserves points." that happens when a player is going to score and is illegally prevented from doing so. example: when bane blew up gotham field, had hines ward been swallowed into one of the holes that opened up, the referees could have said "still counts." since he scored anyway they didn't have to consult the rulebook, although i suppose one could argue the kickoff team suffered from a palpably unfair act themselves… ok maybe i've convinced myself that return touchdown shouldn't have counted. could go either way. what do you think?

2. JPGRRocks
    JPGRRocks 24 May, 2022, 22:45

I remember this incident from “Days of our Steelers”. Looking back at how that season went for them, I’m pretty sure Tree would’ve wanted this rule enacted so that it might’ve woken the team up from how undisciplined they were.

3. harjutapa
    harjutapa 24 May, 2022, 22:57

I was really hoping to see a referee in the comments saying "yes I'm a professional ref and I love this channel"

4. Jeremy Fridy
    Jeremy Fridy 24 May, 2022, 23:10

I remember when the a ref accidentally blew his whistle in a play where a player was running downfield near the edge of the field. The defenders stopped chasing him because they heard the whistle. In the end the refs decided that the score should stand, since they figured he could outrun the defenders.

5. Ixacey
    Ixacey 24 May, 2022, 23:57

in the NHL if a player on a breakaway towards an empty net gets hooked or tripped enough to warrant a penalty shot, the goal is automatically awarded

6. Dan Jones
    Dan Jones 25 May, 2022, 00:33

I remember playing Madden on the SNES and because gm there was only a FG PAT I would go offsides over and over again. The one time they just game them the PAT. Now I understand why how why would they put this particular thing in a video game that is probably maxed o memory.

7. Purple Power Ranger
    Purple Power Ranger 25 May, 2022, 01:22

The animations in these weird rules really ice the cake for me 😂😂 so good (I <3 The Rules!!)

8. Jay
    Jay 25 May, 2022, 01:22

It’s basically interference lol

9. hardtoexplain32
    hardtoexplain32 25 May, 2022, 01:24

The 2018 Steelers team is one of the more infuriating Steelers teams of the last 10 years.

10. LurkinTomGaming
    LurkinTomGaming 25 May, 2022, 01:24

HEY SECRET BASE I LOVE YOUR CONTENT. WE NEED ANOTHER NASCAR SPECIAL PLEASE!!!I WILL RUN YOUR LOGO ON MY iRACING CAR FOR HUNDREDS TO SEE FOR FREE!! PLEASE ANOTHER NASCAR SPECIAL YOU DO AN AMAZING JOB!!!

11. Alex Quinn
    Alex Quinn 25 May, 2022, 02:03

It irks me that your "family feud" -esk board adds up to over 100

12. Daniel Johnson
    Daniel Johnson 25 May, 2022, 02:33

In NFL QB Club '98 for Nintendo 64, I actually made this happen on an extra point. I just kept going offsides to the point that the opponent had the option to decline or accept the point. It was so odd. Thought it was a glitch but I guess it's a rule.

13. Kevin Moynihan
    Kevin Moynihan 25 May, 2022, 02:33

Couldn't this be used to preserve time on the clock. Say if a team is attempting a field goal to win with 2 seconds left and the ball on the one yard line you could continuously commit encroachment to prevent the play from happening and thereby prevent the score from happening triggering this rule and causing the points to be awarded without the clock running forcing a kickoff.

14. coleslaw1018
    coleslaw1018 25 May, 2022, 03:31

I was at this Steelers game I’m right behind that upright lol

15. Obed Gutierrez
    Obed Gutierrez 25 May, 2022, 03:48

Clara Morris was born to talk sports at first I thought what a female talking sports idk …very ignorant of me …she is my favorite she is amazing nothing like molly from first take Molly is the worst she only on the show cus she's hot

16. fyukfy
    fyukfy 25 May, 2022, 04:49

This game had terrible officiating, I remember a charger committed an egregious false start that caught the CB off guard so the whole defense just sorta looked around for the flag for a second but it was never thrown and the chargers got a long TD on that play

17. Michele Cozzarin
    Michele Cozzarin 25 May, 2022, 07:00

To be honest I've always wondered why teams who are defending from the 1yd line near the end of the game don't commit intentional DPIs over and over again to burn the clock

18. Jeremy Russell
    Jeremy Russell 25 May, 2022, 07:21

5:23 Considering that this play happened in the same game as the refs missing a false start on the Chargers that even Stevie Wonder could see and only one year after the Jesse James play, I'm afraid of what my fellow Steelers fans would have done if that rule was used in that game.

19. Cranapple
    Cranapple 25 May, 2022, 07:46

The animations for this one are inspired. The family feud one in particular.

20. Alae riia
    Alae riia 25 May, 2022, 07:55

Oh God, UrinatingTree would have been so pissed.

21. Charles Conner
    Charles Conner 25 May, 2022, 11:19

Days of Our Steelers, good times 😂😂😂

22. Jeff Briem
    Jeff Briem 25 May, 2022, 14:17

A safety by penalty comes up all the time. I wonder if it could come up in a pass interference situation as well.

23. Gakk 86
    Gakk 86 25 May, 2022, 16:17

That first blocked field goal wasn't actually offsides! It was close but it wasn't. The refs just called it because the Steelers so brazenly jumped on the first attempt. NFL refs, man.

24. devi2691
    devi2691 25 May, 2022, 16:34

can you imagine what would've kicked off if the ref had awarded points?
    cos there were fights in the stands that night.
    some guy got chinned.
    some pregnant woman got choked (!!!)
    add in free points to that mix and Steelers fans would've imploded big time!

25. Nicholas O
    Nicholas O 25 May, 2022, 17:23

These have went downhill sadly.

26. Joel
    Joel 25 May, 2022, 18:42

NHL gives free goals somewhat frequently when a penalty shot is awarded while the opposing net is empty. Neat!

27. DarthAnimal
    DarthAnimal 25 May, 2022, 20:38

This is the "Haul a guy down on a breakaway with an open net" rule

28. Brandon
    Brandon 25 May, 2022, 22:37

What did this girl add to this video? Lol I’m sorry but she seemed like she knew nothing about the rule, nothing about the game. She just was there to listen..?

29. Shadow Storm
    Shadow Storm 26 May, 2022, 03:13

Ahhhh, a gem for Days of Our Steelers. This game and comeback on an anniversary for the steelers cause the rage of a thousand yinzers in utree

30. Jacob G
    Jacob G 26 May, 2022, 08:21

Anyone got the line of scrimmage shot of that Artie Burns play? If I remember correctly people were talking about the offsides call being wrong the next day. Didn’t matter of course.

We have enough technology now to not mess up the offsides penalty. We should be implementing it.

31. Clayton Hurdle
    Clayton Hurdle 26 May, 2022, 18:41

New fumble dimension episode idea…

32. Aidan Wotherspoon
    Aidan Wotherspoon 26 May, 2022, 23:51

1) I think the refs should announce to the crowd “a warning has been issued to the Pittsburgh bench; another offsides infraction will result in an automatic field goal for the kicking team” that way, the spectators will understand what’s going on and no Steelers player could say they missed the warning

2) I was once playing Madden (98 or 99) and I got a holding penalty in my own end-zone, which resulted in an automatic safety touch… it was in sudden death OT so the penalty was an automatic loss 😡

33. Ryan Marshall
    Ryan Marshall 27 May, 2022, 00:22

There has been a game in either NFL or NCAA div 1 where a TD was awarded cuz a bench player cam off the sideline and tackled a guy in the clear.

34. Paul St. Marie
    Paul St. Marie 27 May, 2022, 09:33

Rooting for someone to foul out is fine. It’s those animals who cheer when a player is injured that is just disgraceful

35. ferallemur
    ferallemur 27 May, 2022, 12:09

I'm really surprised that "goaltending" in basketball didn't get a mention. You talked about free throws, but there is a common mechanic in basketball that is exactly what you're talking about in this video – A foul to prevent score that results in points being automatically awarded to the other team.

36. Jonny Baze
    Jonny Baze 27 May, 2022, 12:50

Apparently this isn’t a rule or chose not to use it in cfb. I recall a game several years ago where Notre Dame committed like 5 or 6 consecutive pass interference penalties in a row vs SC.

37. msolec2000
    msolec2000 27 May, 2022, 15:23

Yes, but why Donovan McNabb finish his career Untitled?

38. Atrout11
    Atrout11 27 May, 2022, 16:25

I was at this game and as a Steelers fan I’m still upset.

39. MikeQuinn71
    MikeQuinn71 27 May, 2022, 22:02

Refs definitely watch Weird Rules videos… don't ask me how I know that, I just do.

40. Emma Bonn
    Emma Bonn 28 May, 2022, 11:19

I wonder if it could’ve been used for the 2021 thanksgiving Raiders Cowboys game.

It certainly would’ve been a fitting way to end the game
    But I wouldn’t want to deny Carlson his game winner

41. Anonymous
    Anonymous 28 May, 2022, 18:49

good ol’ Days Of Our Steelers

42. PURPLE Pete
    PURPLE Pete 29 May, 2022, 07:38

This rule was for buddy Ryan . This is the situation buddy is calling the defense …it's late in the game less then 25 seconds remain. The opposing offense has the ball on the 9 ( going in) philly needs a stop , the offense needs a TD ,fg won't help. So buddy sends 3 extra LB in to the game …..philly is now playing with 3 too many players. Coach Buddy figures if the offense doesn't score then philly wins . Buddy also did this during a punt
    *****
    Having just watched his Vikings lose, 10-9, Lynn was rankled by the sight of what the Eagles called their “Polish punt team.” In a most unusual formation, designed to prevent a blocked kick or a long runback, Ryan sent 14 men onto the field for a crucial last-minute punt. At the worst, the expected penalty for too many men on the field would set the Eagles back 5 yards but drain precious seconds from the clock.

To the surprise of the Eagles, no flag was forthcoming and the safest punt in NFL history was executed without mishap. Was Ryan sheepish about employing such a questionable tactic? Hardly. When Al Meltzer asked during the taping of Ryan’s weekly television show about the propriety of having 14 men on the field, the coach did note a flaw in the strategy. “There should have been 15,” he snapped.

43. Human Being
    Human Being 29 May, 2022, 23:18

If a rule has never been "enacted" then it's not an official, effective part of the NFL rule book. You mean to say that refs have never awarded a penalty under the rule.

44. Anthony Kernich
    Anthony Kernich 30 May, 2022, 18:41

This still isn't as strange as Dwayne Rudd taking his helmet off after the game was technically over but the game can't end on a defensive penalty

45. TheModer8ter
    TheModer8ter 31 May, 2022, 10:04

Jesus of Nazareth, who was God in the flesh of a man, died for the remission of sin, including yours, was buried, and rose form the dead 3 days later. John 3:36: "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life". If you simply believe in this to apply to you and trust Jesus to save you from hell then you have everlasting life in heaven. John, 6:47 "verily, verily I say unto you, he that believes in me has everlasting life."-Jesus.